Home Recipes Vegan Shrimp
- 5 Be Leaf’s vegan shrimps
- 1 scallion, green part, sniffled
- 5 slices French bread, 1/2 inch width, toasted
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 2~3 Roma tomatoes, concassed
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- lemon zest, 1 lemon
- lemon juice, 1/2 lemon
- few dashes hot sauce (optional)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Cut a garlic clove in half, then rub each side of toasted french bread.
- Heat a tablespoon vegetable oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot, sweat until soft. Add paprika and tomatoes and cook until slightly dried (tomatoes produce no more water). Set aside and cool to room temperature.
- Once the tomato mixture cool. Combine the mixture, vegan mayonnaise, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a food processor and process until smooth, then season with salt and black pepper.
- To plate. Sprinkle chopped parsley at the center of french bread. Add about 1 teaspoon tomato aioli at the corner (1/3 arear) of French bread. Place a vegan shrimp at the center of bread. Top with scallion.